I want to note that the way the sex binary looks like it’s present throughout the animal world is that white scientists have a terrible habit of labeling everything “male” or “female” even when it makes no sense.
Like, by any reasonable metric, bees have three sexes: drone, queen, and worker. Workers are only labelled female because someone couldn’t abide the idea of something not being either one or the other.
And before someone calls “genetics” there are many species where both sexes have the exact same genetics, and even many where individuals can change reproductive capacity at will, and scientists suddenly have no problem calling the ones who grow eggs “female” even though they were “male” two weeks ago.
Some species of mammals reproduce asexually. They have only one sex. It is still called “female” because it makes babies even though one might reasonably ask why even make the distinction when every single individual makes babies just the same.
IS BEING HYDRATED REALLY WORTH ALL THIS PEEING?
Sept. 18 10:42 am
- Washington University Libraries creates “Documenting Ferguson” digital repository
- Police may not see reimbursement from state for work in Ferguson
- What we know about who police kill in America
- Why Mike Brown’s death was different (TW: blood)
- United We Win: Change begins with us. Register to vote.
- STL Co. Police involved in another fatal shooting last night. This is the 3rd officer-involved fatal shooting in the STL area since Mike Brown (storify) Videos: (Witness) (Police account)
- What’s happening today: 1. Ferguson Women on the Frontlines: Our Voices, Our Stories at 7 pm 2. Ferguson United Leadership Team Open Meeting. Thursdays from 6pm-8pm. Greater St. Marks on Chambers
Why is the blame for romanticizing mental illness lodged at teenage girls documenting/trying to cope with their struggles with mental illness and not grown men who make movies about how medication is evil and schizophrenia is magic powers.
Life hack: date a guy who’s tall enough to always be looking at you from the same angle you take selfies from
i just almost missed my train because i was taking a personality quiz to find out what fruit i am
society: dare to be different!
society: whoa not THAT different you freak